Work-Based Learning FAQ's
10 months ago
What are the Internship requirements?
- High School Junior of Senior
- 2.0 Grade pt Ave or better
- No "F's"; No previous failing grades not yet retaken
- Completed application with parents signature
- Approved workplace
- Scheduled to work during the Internship hour
- Must abide by the internship packet guidelines, disclosure and agreement
- Must complete a 21st Century skill course with CTE test combined with Internship
· Can my student get credit for after-school and summer work? Yes. Students may work at their place of employment and receive credit. Below are the list of requirements.
- Students must sign up with the Work-Based Learning Coordinator under "Internship" prior to beginning the Internship.
- Jobsite's must be pre-approved and students must undertake labor laws and work-safety training.
- Worksite must have a valid business license, EIN.
- Work hours are credited as such: 33 work hours=1/4 credit.
- Work hours must be reported with supervisor signature no less than 1X monthly
- No letter grade given.